Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Joanne Day!

My mom would have been 81 today....good grief.  She died at 72 and I think she had the right idea.  Go while you still feel good and are active, before you get really sick/old.  Go in your sleep too.  No pain or suffering.  Unless, you're the family that is left behind, then it sucks.  Some warning would have been nice.  But hey, it's been almost 9 years and life has gone on.  
Seriously though, it would have been better with Mom here.
Happy Birthday Mom!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom. I'm not looking forward to the day when mine will be gone. Hope today was full of good memories and hopes for a joyful reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon. It was a good day. We ended it by going with my dad to Sizzler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Seriously, so gorgeous. Sorry I didn't know--I would have given you a hug today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...I miss her so much. I love this photo of her! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog, I haven't looked at it for a while. I love the memories I have of your mom and dad. We used to visit them in Escondido and sleep in that cool loft they had. We also had some great meals in that house when we lived in San Diego. I have a few gifts from her that I really treasure. She was a gift to all of us. I wish my grandpa had hung around a while longer, but at least we had warning, and we do have your dad who seriously is freaking the Sanft kids out at what a twin he is.
    Shahara

    ps - if you feel like blog stalking
    familycrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she would have been 81--I wasn't even thinking about that. I miss her too. I was thinking about her yesterday and what it would have been like to have her here while we lived here. Thanks for the photo!

    ReplyDelete