Monday, March 7, 2011

Midway Ice Castles

Gene, my Dad and I finally got up to Midway
to see the Ice Castles last Saturday.
They were pretty "cool" (pun intended). 
The workers there said they were going to keep it open
another week since the weather is still cold. 
I was rather surprised by how much snow was up there! 
I love Midway, but I'm not a huge fan of the snow,
so maybe I don't want to live there.

(Three Blind Mice)
The guy working there took this picture. 
He took one with his camera too. 
Then they try to sell you a photo package.  :) No thanks.

They run sprinklers at night to get the desired affects.

Gene and I in the entrance of one castle.

My dad and I next to some huge icicles!

It was such a beautiful day and the ice castles were glistening. 
They also have a blue tint to them.

Dad in front of a cool ice castle.

Gene doing the Tower of Pisa thing...
(Every picture was taken blindly. 
My camera has a viewing screen
that is completely black in bright light. 
So, I just did the aim and click, not bad huh?)

This one looked like a T-rex head or a dragon head
(at the top center).
So, check out their webpage and give them a call to find out how much longer they're planning to be open. 
It changes every week!  Worth the trip. 
They do charge you to walk in and they require you to sign something so that you don't hold them responsible for any injuries ( I avoided walking under a rather thin arch).







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos, Sally! Now I can procrastinate going for another year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I love that last picture with the back lighting. I'd say you did awesome for guessing with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete