Monday, August 15, 2011

As Sisters in Zion...

Within the our Church Family we have a wonderful group of sisters.  We are definitely sisters.  We do our very best to look out for each other and help each other when needed.  Yesterday was a beautiful example of the love that we share for one another.  During Sacrament Meeting, the sister who leads the music was having an emotional day.  She is a single mother, widowed, from Korea.  She is also a recent convert.  Her oldest son just went into the MTC to prepare for his mission to California.  She is the sweetest person and she was trying so hard to keep her tears in check.  After the opening hymn, another sweet sister went up to sit with her and comfort her.  When it was time to sing the Sacrament hymn, the second sister stood to lead the congregation.  She isn't used to doing this and she was visibly nervous, but out of love she did it.  When the meeting was about to end and it was time for the closing hymn, another sister, who knows everything about music, stood to lead the congregation.  After the meeting, I was going to go give a hug to my sweet Korean sister, but she was wrapped in the arms of so many others showing their love and support to her, I didn't get a chance.  I love knowing that we have such love and concern for others in my neighborhood and within the circle of friends and church family! I love you ladies!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you understood what was happening up there! I had several people assuming that I just couldn't get enough of it. One even suggested that perhaps it was "volunteer day" -- sort of like a testimony meeting where whoever gets there first gets to have a turn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought everyone involved showed an amazing outpouring of love and understanding. It was a beautiful story to watch unfold.

    ReplyDelete