Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some days are like that...

So, nothing very exciting to write about, but I feel like it's been so long since my last post I should write something!
Three things come to my mind, all old age related, which works since my birthday is in 2 days.  When did I get so old?

Monday, I hosed out Molly's kitty litter box, filled it with clean litter, set it in the laundry room and expected total happiness from Molly.  She will sit and stare at her box when it isn't clean enough for her, so I figured she'd really appreciate how clean it was!
Wednesday morning I walked into the laundry room and found a surprise from Molly. She'd pooped on some sheets that Alison had thrown on the floor to be washed.  WHAT!  I looked at the litter box and nearly died.  I had cleaned and filled it, then without noticing, I had turned it so the door was to the wall.  Seriously.   I totally cracked up! Sorry Molly!  What must she have been thinking all day Tuesday when she really needed to use her bathroom and found it unavailable?  I think she had also used the floor drain to pee in.  So resourceful.

Wednesday, my VT partner, Cindy, and I took two of our sisters to lunch.  Trina and Gladys are both very sweet ladies.  Trina is a couple of years younger than me and Gladys is 91 and one of my favorite people.  We went to Chuck-o-Rama because that's where Gladys wanted to go.  I paid for Gladys and I, then walking over to our table checked out my receipt.  The nice man had given me the senior discount for Gladys and for me!  Really.  Hey, I still have 4 years before I qualify for that.  But, I appreciated the small savings.

Today, Thursday, I washed my temple dress and as I pulled it out of the washer realized that I'd left a tissue in the pocket - again!  This forgetful, old age thing sucks.  But, on the up side, I have a really good excuse for doing stupid things!

On a positive note, it only took me 10 minutes to renew my driver's license today!  The picture looks like a mug shot of an old woman tho'.

The sweetest thing that happened this week was a sweet lady that came to the temple last night (the temple is the best part of my week, every week).  She was in her nineties.  Her friend walked her over to me and this tiny old woman told me she was going to need some help.  I told her that helping her was my favorite thing and she was so appreciative.  She told me that it had been 15 years since she had been to the temple.  Later, I saw her in the dressing room.  I stopped to visit with her while she waited for her friend to come out of the bathroom.  She told me that her husband had been a bishop and had been in a stake presidency.  Then he got really sick and had to have 5 surgeries.  He'd been dead 6 years and she just couldn't bring herself to come to the temple alone.  But, her friend brought her tonight and she was so happy to be there.  She said she couldn't wait to come back again.  Yep, I cried.  What a tender moment that was for me.  The temple brings such peace to those who attend.  I love being there!

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot.  Alison, my friend Rosemary and I went to the temple on Tuesday morning.  Rosemary and I did an endowment session and Alison did some family names in the baptistry.  Alison knew she would have to wait for us to finish, but it turned out we all had to wait for the men's names to be completed because there were so many names and very few boys to help that day.  While we were waiting, I noticed a man and his wife waiting for some youth to finish.  Turns out it was Donny Osmond and his wife and  two of their boys.  It's always a treat  to see someone famous in the world doing good works in the temple.

1 comment:

  1. loved all of your musings Sally. I'm hoping to come to Utah in Sept to visit our new grandson, Erik's son, who should arrive by the end of the month. it would be very fun to see you!

    ReplyDelete