Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break, Day 1


Scratch and Sniff would be a wonderful feature here. 
This tree smells Amazing!

I LOVE Spring Break!  The weather was perfect today!  Got into the 80's.  I began the day slowly, reading Sunday's paper, drove Alison to BYU (they don't have Spring Break-ever), read today's paper, walked the treadmill while listening to The Elegance of the Hedgehog, ate my breakfast on the deck (surrounded by flowering trees that look and smell fantastic),  did some cleaning/organizing and then finally, showered and got dressed!  Seriously, wonderful!  No hurry.  No clock watching.  No, get to it later thoughts. 


Around 4:00 pm, after organizing a few more things, I forced myself to do a couple of errands.  First, I decided it was time to be brave and stop at the Vet for Molly's food.  This was difficult because about a month ago we had to put our beloved Kramer to sleep, there, at the Vet's.  Lately, just driving past the office I start to cry, so this was very difficult.  But, I kept reminding myself of my mom's mantra, "Get over it," as well as the YW saying, "I can do hard things."  Well, turns out I can do hard things.  I just cry, a lot, in the process.  Anyway, Molly now has 24 new cans of KD formula cat food.  Long may she live.  (She'll be 18 come June.)


Kramer
2000-2012
Molly
Seriously?  18 years old!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day. Who do we know that could get started on that scratch and sniff feature? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch and sniff! I love it! Amazing how attached we are to our pets...I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Kramer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, breakfast on the deck with those yummy blossoms sounds amazing. Too bad it's not spring break more often! Aww...I miss Kramer. And Molly is still pretty dang cute for an old kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dang that cat is really old! i love the pictures of the trees

    ReplyDelete