Friday, September 28, 2012

Here's to your health!

I made my annual trek to The Women's Health Fair a couple of weeks ago,  and had a rather not so very routine experience after leaving the Fair.  Because I was fasting ( blood tests) I brought along a protein shake and my handful of vitamins/pills that I take every morning to swallow before I headed to work.  I got in my car, turned it on for air conditioning and music and proceeded to drink and swallow my breakfast.  I wondered what was going on outside of the car that was causing another driver to honk non-stop for a few seconds at a time, but wasn't too concerned.  Suddenly, a young Hispanic woman came to my rear window and angrily shouted at me, "Are you going to leave!"  I was a little stunned.  I looked at her through my rear view mirror and shook my head "no."  She then double fisted, flipped me off and yelled, "YOU STUPID BITCH!" and stomped away.  Yep, I sat there with my mouth open (fortunately I had swallowed my drink first).
She had been honking at me!
She must have seen me get into my car and was waiting for me to pull out so that she could get my parking spot.  I had arrived before 8:00 am and it was a pretty close to the door spot, but really?!  The lot was full, but there was still plenty of parking out on the street.  She even had a small child in her car (poor kid).  So, yes, I shared this story with my family and friends.  They all reacted with amazed looks on their faces and wondered if I had yelled back at her.  Of course I didn't.  I had reached my ripe old age of 57 without ever being yelled at, flipped off and called such names -
I have some self respect! 

Later that night, after serving in the temple...I saw that I had a message on my phone. 

It was from the Health Dept. 

I had won a quilt!  :)  

Can I just say,
"Nanny, Nanny, Nanny!"




 

1 comment:

  1. That would really upset me-- You took it very well. And that quilt is very cute!

    ReplyDelete