Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Personal Calling Card


A few month's ago I posted about a man I met in Staples.  He gave me his calling card.  I thought the idea was pretty cool.  Why not have a card with your info and some kind of message to share with people you meet?  Easier than trying to find a pen and paper to write your info on and then stuffing it into a pocket or purse.  So, I made one for me!  Now when I meet someone and they ask for my phone number or email address, I can give them one of my cards.  
Maybe you think it's weird or silly,
but I would love to get one from you!  :)



This is the front.

 I wanted to add some words of advice, all of which have to do with children (surprise!). 
The first one is, of course, from Winnie the Pooh. 
The second one is from the kindergarten class I worked in last year.  The kids said this as they left the classroom, punching their fists in the air!  I loved the way they said it with such conviction! 
The last one sounds like He-Man, but it really isn't.  If it works for you, tho', then yep, it's HE-Man!  But, it's what we teach all of the reading kids from K-6.  It stands for the Power of 4. 
Something Teri Yamada came up with to help our kids become better readers.  We say this every time we have our groups. 
The Power of 4 is - "Look at the word, think of the sounds, blend the sounds and read it!"  The kids yell it out and really use it when they need to sound out a word,  I love it!

So yep, that's my calling card.

This is the back.
Cool huh?
I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

3 comments:

  1. That calling card is perfect for you! I use that Wimnie-the-Pooh quote all the time with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo--I love the birds! Such a cute Pooh quote! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And the card fits you so well!

    ReplyDelete